Thanks For Visiting....

My place to share with family & friends... pieces of my life and some sparks of creativity that come to me in between my crazy days of now! Remember that each day is a gift!

Thursday, June 11, 2009

cereal aisle & toilet plungers...

I thought I would share a slice of life with you who read. My life, whose husband is o-o-t quiet a bit lately(this week, in South America!). School schedules are just crazy with Grant dismissing at 10:30 in the morning and Jackson is out at 12:15 I had no time to make my trip to the market... I should say... " supercenter" on thursday morning, before Grant got home.
So, this afternoon, against my better judgement, I loaded all 3 kids in the minivan and off to the market ( supercenter) we went. This trip that is typically made with only one of my children. My 2 boys together ...are partners in crime !

Enter the store. I had explained that no one is to ask me for one single item. I had asked for suggestions on cereal and snacks. First thing that catches Jackson's eye is a beach towell that he MUST have because tomorrow at school, is "beach party"
day and " mom, last year everyone made fun of me" (I question why I am just now hearing of this mockery). SO, okay. Maybe by nine years old most boys have outgrown Power Rangers. But I am NOT buying a $15 AC/DC towell ! ! We have others he can make a selection from when he gets home. ( just gotta dig them out of storage)

Paper Products aisle: As I am trying to decide if I should buy the 8 rolls of paper towells in a pack this week, or just grab a 2 pack and keep moving through the store... My boys are playing with the toilet plungers ( located on that aisle also)
sticking them to the floor, poking at each other with them ! and yes, there are other people on the same aisle watching !


Cereal Aisle... I posed my question again " Have you guys agreed on a cereal yet?"
Of course not, they all want a different one. Jackson shouts out, " who wants Honey butts? " and is referring to Honey Smacks! I give him the " look" and he says to me.. " what? don't you think they look like butts?" ( OMGosh!~ get me outta here)!

Frozen foods..." thank you God, we are close to check out time !" There is an argument over which popsicles to buy ! But mom wins this one....store brand "twin pops" at $1.80 for 18 TWIN pops !

Maddy did great by staying in the shopping cart the entire time! Only misbehaved by stretching her gum about 12 inches from her mouth and playing with it.... till I took it from her !

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

LOL!! So glad I am not the only one who takes three kids to the store and prays to get out alive..lol! Honey butts now that cracks me up! That sounds like something my son would say..thanks for the laugh..it has been a rough start to the summer around here..with three energy filled kids!

Julie said...

Oh my gosh@ I totally laughed out loud! Honey butts. That's hilarious ... my boys would totally say that. I'm still laughing! We are in our first week of summer break and I have to go grocery shopping with all three tomorrow!!! Am I crazy? I though of giving them all suckers before we enter the store. I want to try to fly through the store before they finish them. I just might try it.

Annette said...

Totally lauged out loud at your hilarious boys! That is so typical! haha Boys are so funny! I totally understand where you are coming from!!! Honey butts is priceless!! Can't wait to share that one...hahahahhahaha