Thanks For Visiting....

My place to share with family & friends... pieces of my life and some sparks of creativity that come to me in between my crazy days of now! Remember that each day is a gift!

Sunday, August 9, 2009

ever " grilled" a pizza?

This is how you do it ... it's fun to make & tastes great !

You will need...
A variety of toppings. I found mini pepperonies, and used all natural Mozzerella and fresh Basil to top the first pizza we did.

I used a can of tomato sauce ( I'm all about shortcuts in the kitchen). I also added some minced garlic and some fresh basil and gave it a quick whirl in the "rocket" (it's like the " Magic Bullet" ... blender).

and the crust of course. I picked up some whole wheat dough at the market (shortcut)

Have all of your toppings ready to go and near the grill. Roll out the dough into about 6-8 inch rounds ( smaller transfers easiest to grill). Make sure the dough is floured very well. Transfer to your grill ( that you preheated to high then reduced to med/low). Cook for about 30 seconds then rotate the crust 90 degrees cook 30 more seconds then flip to other side & repeat. Remove your crust from grill then top it with what you like.

Once you have topped your pizza, return to grill and cover to melt the cheese and heat the sauce & toppings. I topped with fresh basil just before taking it off the grill or you will end up with "dried" basil.

If your crust is still has some flour after cooking, try brushing the crust with olive oil before topping & returning to grill ! This tastes just like a "brick oven" pizza ! Enjoy !

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

That looks really good...Makes me want a pizza...yummo!!

scrappermimi said...

I never have but it looks totally yummy and a great summer recipe that the kids will eat! TFS!

Ronnie said...

Nice job! It looks so European. In fact, we will be going to restaurant this evening that serves a Margharita pizza that looks just like yours.

Annette said...

Yum! Gotta try that!!!