Thanks For Visiting....

My place to share with family & friends... pieces of my life and some sparks of creativity that come to me in between my crazy days of now! Remember that each day is a gift!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

FAT Tuesday ....



This morning... I put on my most roomy , most comfy "sweats" with every intention of getting " fatter" on " Fat Tuesday". Here in PA, the temps were in the 30s !In my Mobile, the temps were in the 60s ! In Mobile, the Mardi Gras parade go-ers enjoyed a beautiful day ending the festival season... In SE Pennsylvania, I enjoyed my coffee and the confines of my cozy warm home and " Fastnachts" ! The day of glutony finally arrived! I dropped my kids off at school at went directly to the local bakery ... " The Dutch Oven" bakery on Ridge Pike. Ordered TWO dozen of them
in powder suger and cinnamon/suger varieties ! I have eaten four of them ! While i keep reminding myself that in New Orleans , your regular " order" of Beneigts is THREE on a plate... and it's not so bad that I have eaten four! So lucky me.... there just happens to ( FINALLY) be a Starbucks drive thru literally around the corner from the bakery ! The rest of the week, I plan to where " stretchy pants" and think about my dieting & exercise strategy to begin in MARCH !

1 comment:

Christine said...

I took 'the' donuts to work today and had one just for you ~ miss you guys!!