Thanks For Visiting....

My place to share with family & friends... pieces of my life and some sparks of creativity that come to me in between my crazy days of now! Remember that each day is a gift!

Monday, March 7, 2011

Mardi Gras in Mobile


We were able to travel to Mobile a couple of weekends back and take the kids to the Saturday parades. They had so much fun ! It was so neat to share this with them, part of Mobile culture... I grew up doing every year !

"Arriving" in true Mardi Gras spirit. Jackson wasn't interested in donning the mask I picked up for him ! Grant wore his for a short time. Maddy had hers on most of the day and the ink from it transferred to her face and she was pink for the next few days!

I love catching the beads and cups at Mardi Gras , my kids however love the fact that stuffed animals are a popular item to be caught... now, we have just moved and keep in mind, I have already made at least 4 trips to Goodwill dropping off donations. I really don't need 20 more stuffed animals coming home with me ! It is my opinion that these revelers retrieve these stuffed animals from their kids in donations boxes perhaps the mom has sorted them into.. and this saves them money on buying their throws ! THANKS mister... thanks a lot !

No matter .. . I will always love Mobile Mardi Gras !

And my kids will too !

2 comments:

Ronnie said...

So happy for you! You sound great and so proud. All the best always. xo

Bama Girl said...

So glad you were able to make it to Mardi Gras! The kids look to be having a blast! Maybe we can all get together at the beach this summer! :-) XOXO